Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
What Tools/Technology Would I be Using?
Here are some of the tools that we now use and the stack we are implementing:
- Java, JEE, Spring MVC
- SOA WebServices
- IBM DB2/SQL for databases
- IBM Websphere as Application Server/Containers
- TeamCity for Continuous Integration and IBM UCD for Continuous Deployment
- SonarQube, Contrast Security, JUnits, for a DevOps chain
- JBoss BRMS for Rules Management
- IBM MQ, Informatica for Integration and ETL.
- SVN for source control
We are building new API’s, modernizing our apps/services using OpenSource frameworks and looking at Docker Containerization, TDD, Refactoring to build microservices on cloud platform.
What Work Would I be Doing?
We're looking for someone to complete our team. We are in the process of transforming, and we’re looking for someone to learn and grow with us! Your responsibilities would include:
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications and enhance existing ones.
- Build apps for various digital channels adhering to established quality standards.
- Work closely with Solution Lead to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs.
- Work with Business Analysts to come up with solutions to problems
- Help to promote development practices to support the stability of systems.
- Work with Practice lead to continuously improve Dev tooling and processes for efficient delivery
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Enjoy your job!
- You have worked in IT for at least 5 years with experience as a Developer
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, from an accredited college/university. MS in a technical field a plus.
- You have the ability to translate technical requirements into system deliverables.
- You have experience working in environments using an Agile methodology
- You love learning, can easily adapt to different toolsets and champion change.
- You also have cloud based development experience with Angular 2, Node.js, REST services, MVC 5, JSON, etc. . Familiarity with ASP.Net Core, C# , SQL Server is a plus
- You are fun to be around and we can count on you
Experience with any or all of the tools/technology we use is a huge plus, but don't let one of those list items deter you! If you're excited by the notion of joining a team that is going places and, make a name for itself, and have fun doing it, we want to hear from you!
Why is this job Important?
Our team deals with companies and their employees to help reach their financial goals and help build and manage their wealth. We are leaders in the small to Mid-market segment providing retirement and wealth management solutions. We make this a reality by providing our customers with a record keeping solutions and customized experience allowing companies to offer what THEIR employees want.
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, all the tools and technologies mentioned above (including DevOps!) and thanks to a supportive company with a culture of continuous learning and improvement, whatever else you want! Tell us what you want to learn and we'll help you get there.
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Monthly Innovation Days (Hackathons)
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements