Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Description Summary
MBPS Research and Insight team is Manulife’s global in-house research service provider for the insurance and wealth /asset management industries. We support corporate, investment, strategy and business development business units of Manulife globally and assist senior management with their market intelligence, strategy formulation and business development research needs.
This position will provide market intelligence and product analytics support for Manulife Wealth and Asset Management (WAM). The incumbent will provide industry and competitor research and analyses to assist in the development of its new strategies and product lines. This position is also responsible for country specific research initiatives to assist business development team in identifying new markets and business opportunities to drive our future growth in the years ahead.
- Gathers and organizes data from various sources to be able to perform data analysis on top funds, asset management companies and country fund/sales flows;
- Maintains current knowledge of the wealth and asset management industry and collaborates with Business Development team in sharing industry, competitor, strategy and regulatory information and developments to establish quick and up–to-date market intelligence across different countries in Asia;
- Prepares industry and competitor analysis reports and country overview research reports;
- Performs ad-hoc reports as requested by management, including but not limited to M&A analysis, competitor due diligence, macro trends, new product research reports and regulatory updates
- Build knowledge and expertise on the asset and wealth management industry to develop into a through partner for our stakeholders
- Effectively communicate industry trends and competitor intelligence to senior management through regular round table discussions
- Candidate must have at least 1-2 year experience in the research, consulting or business development areas of a financial services firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Communications or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Strong skills in data mining to be able to translate voluminous data into a meaningful, accurate and useful state.
- Has passion for research and possesses excellent writing and presentation skills to independently accomplish research tasks
- Superior problem-solving, strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to synthesize divergent perspectives and offer intellectual leadership in building broad frameworks to solve business problems
- Professional attitude and client service orientation; collaborative and creative
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact and establish relationships with the Business Unit
- The candidate must be willing to report for a day shift role.
- The candidate must be willing to work in Diliman, Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Category: