Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Description Summary
The position is responsible for the accurate and timely reconciliation of parent and subsidiary accounts. The incumbent is accountable for ensuring the integrity of internal control through the application of the firm’s defined reconciliation process. This position has a significant customer service focus, with the incumbent participating in the maintenance and delivery of defined reconciliation service standards
As part of a team, provide account reconciliation services to multiple internal clients. Responsible for preparing complete, timely and accurate reconciliations in order to find errors, detect fraud and ensure financial integrity of the organization’s accounts.
The job is performed using a third party system that automates the reconciliation function. Key responsibilities include:
- daily data importing (multiple bank files)
- matching of items to reconcile accounts
- creation of daily Discrepancy Notifications (using Excel)
- Interact with business unit in a professional and positive manner while maintaining defined service standards.
- Graduate of a 4-year course preferably BS Accountancy or any business related course.
- Several years progressive work experience in a related field.
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles and bank account reconciliation concepts.
- Technical knowledge of reconciliation and thorough understanding of financial controls
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze and solve complex situations
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proven organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize own work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment; ability to maintain effective customer service relationships.
- Detailed and task oriented.
- Ability to work overtime when required (typically month of January for yearend).
- Strong PC skills including strong knowledge of MS-Excel.
- The candidate must be willing to report for a night shift role.
- The candidate must be willing to work in Diliman, Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.