Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position is accountable for providing accurate, timely, and relevant daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial data production and reporting to differ-ent stakeholders of the Asia Regional Controllers (ARC) teams.
The role is responsible for the preparation of Daily Sales Report used by different stakeholders of the Asia Division. The job holder will also provide assistance to the business units to ensure that daily sales numbers are uploaded to the system within cut off.
The job holder is responsible in maintaining the report templates of the team such as rollforward of templates to the next reporting cycle, adding rows and/or columns relevant to the report, troubleshooting / debugging macro when neces-sary and ensures that all templates is working as designed after the necessary up-dates.
- Daily Sales Reporting
- Template Testing and Maintenance
- Others / Adhoc requests
The job holder is responsible in working closely with the business units to follow up for any missing mappings or daily sales files encountered in daily sales report-ing process and monitoring historical and actual data and report any abnormali-ties using predefined checking templates. The role will also serve as Business Unit contact for new tasks to be transitioned to the team and ad hoc requests to be performed.
The Financial Analyst is primarily accountable for the accounting and analysis of finance activities to support expense management including analysis of actual ex-penses against budget or Forecast for Asia Regional Controllers Division. The role is also responsible for the preparation of management reports being used by Business Units within Asia and Corporate Division.
- Expense Accounting and Reporting
The job holder works closely with the business units to ensure smooth flow in the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycle of the Asia Regional Controllers team, including but not limited to, preparation of journal entries, accounting and reporting work for inter-company, interdivisional and overhead expense alloca-tion accounts and monitoring of suspense accounts.
- Management Reporting and Analysis
The role is responsible for generating Performance to Plan (PTP) reports which is being used by the Business Unit within Asia Division to measure their expenses for a particular period.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or accounting required
- 2+ years of working experience with progressive responsibility within the Ac-counting and management reporting field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, MS Access, Business Objects applications, Lawson, Hyperion Essbase with strong financial modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge in expenses management, payment systems and operations
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with, establish relationships with the Busi-ness Units.
- Makes decisions in the absence of rules and /or in complex situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments
- Ability to work independently and willing to collaborate with other team members
- Delivery of financial information and analyses under tight deadlines for each accounting bases and business units.
- Completeness of Reconciliation between the general ledger balances and voluminous cusip details.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships within finance functions across all Investments and US Division business areas.
- Create and continuously develop more effective controls to ensure accura-cy of reports.
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact):
- Providing investment analysis on invested assets worth billions of dollars, con-sisting of cash, equities, bonds, mortgages, real estate, timber, private equities and derivatives and miscellaneous ad-hoc reports.
- The applicant must be willing to report at morning shift.
- The applicant must be willing to report in Diliman, Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.