Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for delivering superior customer service to clients / financial advisors and building customer satisfaction and loyalty. Customer requests range from basic product and contract inquiries to more complex transactions and problem resolution. Take inbound and do outbound calls from/to policy holders/ advisors/ third party authorized representatives and answer questions regarding their policy and the policy they are servicing.
- Respond within department service standards to all telephone calls from clients and advisors by providing account information regarding a broad range of subject areas such as product, procedures, tax, and transactions.
- Utilize all reference materials and deliver consistent information to our customers.
- Deliver trusted, professional, and reliable service to John Hancock Policy Holders and Advisors.
- Meet quality expectations to ensure a positive client experience.
- Meet productivity expectations to maximize team service levels.
- Provide effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative tone at all times with both customers and coworkers.
- Focus on taking ownership of each call and striving for first call resolution.
- Complete ongoing training to stay abreast of product, industry service and policy changes.
- Process transactions over the phone and take instructions for follow-up which include but not limited to address changes, form requests, benefit summaries, and billing inquiries.
- Determine requirements needed in order for client and advisor request to be processed.
- Coordinate with other departments to determine best approach for resolving service or operation issues. Utilize support staff and follow escalation procedures as needed to ensure quality service.
- Resolve or negotiate “win-win” solutions to client issues directly or by consulting with appropriate resources such as Team Leaders, peers, or other business units.
- Document, track and report significant client/advisor discussions or complaints.
- Perform all follow-up customer calls in a timely manner when necessary.
- Assist clients and advisors with website inquiries. Promote self-service where applicable.
- Act as mentors to new hires.
- Registration, Form Walk though, billing changes, and various payment updates.
- Answer transferred calls from other departments.
- Client Services Representatives are required to do overtime and lunch overtime during high volumes.
- College/University graduate with financial background or previous related work experience in the financial services or call center industry and demonstrated service aptitude
- Candidate must have at least one year tenure in their current position
- Candidate must meet job expectations and pass all performance metrics in his/her current Unit
- Computer literate - ability to use the desktop computer system
- booting and shutting down computer, using mouse and keyboard (keyboarding)
- knowledge of browsers and relevant computer applications
- Ability to use the phone system
- follows simple instructions on how to log in to the phone system
- basic telephony skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to converse effectively using the English language.
- Strong customer service skills (ability to build rapport, demonstrate empathy and outline key steps in delivering good customer service).
- Ability to clearly understand and act on presented problem statement; to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
- Ability to compose a grammatically correct, clear and concise paragraph/ essay.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of at least 30 words per minute. Exhibits good navigation skills.
- Candidate must have good organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments and to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to use Avaya telephony system including logging in, performing conference call, transfer calls, selecting the proper aux codes.
- Strong PC skills with the ability to toggle between multiple applications within Citrix environment.
- Must pass the verbal validations and must score at least 80% in the written examinations.
- Successful completion of all training sessions within the BEST program.
- Knowledge of the Life Insurance product lines and services.
- Strong understanding of the John Hancock Way quality program.
- Proficiency in relevant system (computer) applications and tools including CSWB, MCCAMISH, PALLM, Vision, Sharepoint, Lotus Notes and Citrix.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Leverages available tools and resources in researching required account owner/annuitant information.
- Ability to process transactions and perform form Walk Through efficiently.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.