Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Global Director, Diversity & Inclusion, role is highly collaborative, working in conjunction with key stakeholders including, all members of the Global Talent Management team, the Centres of Expertise (COE) from across HR (Talent Acquisition, Leadership and Learning, Performance and Rewards), Corporate Responsibility, Branding and Communications, Legal and Compliance, Reporting and Analytics, business units as well as oversight of managing external D&I partnerships.
- Contribute to the development, of the global D&I strategy as it relates to the Manulife/John Hancock’s Corporate strategy. Drive the implementation of the strategy as well as assist with the associated Communications plan.
- Leverage technology to develop communication strategies enabling the sharing of best practices, and optimize initiative impact and ROI with champions, active leaders, committees, employee communities and strategic stakeholders.
- Identify needs and recommend or lead the development of key programs that help achieve measureable results and long term behavior change by leveraging both internal resources/education and external consultants/professional associations (i.e. continued advancement of the unconscious bias initiative, advancement of women in leadership ,etc.)
- Integrate and optimize best practices in collaboration with D&I team and the business
- Help to establish outcome performance measures, metrics and analytics to relative to diversity initiatives and their impact on the organization
- Governance oversight for global/regional D&I programs and external partnerships
- Consult and partner with stakeholders to lead, assess, develop, implement, measure and continuously enhance key initiatives/programs to achieve both global and regional D&I objectives
- Leverage D&I knowledge, resources, best practices and experience to help leaders, HRPs and other internal stakeholders build D&I leadership capability
- Partner with HR Partners and COEs to infuse D&I strategy into talent processes (i.e. on-boarding, performance management, programming/training, talent retention strategies, etc.)
- Serve as a D&I thought leader internally and externally.
- Ensure communication of external partnership resources, commitments and global calendar of events.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the organization is meeting/exceeding all employment legislation and metrics and use related data analytics to drive new or expand existing programs
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in management, human resources, law
- Demonstrated leadership in diversity and inclusion, change/transformational initiatives
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in Human Resources, diversity, leadership development/ learning, organizational development, consulting, or related field
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion practices
- Excellent facilitation, training, team building skills
- Strategic thinking who understands and can effectively articulate the business case for inclusion and diversity ability to translate strategy into action by aligning enterprise and business unit priorities
- Experience representing an organization externally
- Proven experience in developing and implementing D&I strategy in large, complex organization
- Data-driven decision-making, including robust tracking of progress against project plan
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence others, including the ability to communicate with confidence and empathy on issues of inclusion.
- Understanding and experience in change management
- Budget management
- Ability to be agile and flexible to deliver in fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Highly collaborative and creative with a mindset for change.
- Global experience and expertise in Diversity & Inclusion
- Leverages data in order to influence necessary constituents
- Creative and innovative, with the capability to drive change through strong influencing skills
- Intelligent and analytical with the ability to focus on and decide key issues quickly
- Strong project leadership and management skills
- Demonstrates strong executive presence
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.