Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Regional Actuarial Services acts as the business partner for all Asia business units; provide oversights, support and guidance with respect to IFRS valuation and reporting. This role is responsible for providing support and oversights to quarterly IFRS valuation and reporting process for Asia Business Units; as well as leading small to medium size projects initiated by Regional and Group office.
- Deliver quality financial reports and in particular plays a key role in Source of Earnings analysis. Be able to analyze and explain results to senior management
- Responsible for financial reporting, valuation oversight, assumption and experience study review, business planning and support actuarial system / modelling development to the region.
- Oversee valuation control processes for the region and work with Business Units to enhance the control framework
- Review and coordinate the development of the actuarial system / model for various Asia countries.
- Supports implementation of key projects. Designs reports for result tracking.
- Streamline the valuation process for various Asia countries.
- Review the actuarial assumptions for various Asia countries.
- Review the financial business plan projection. Participate in the earnings forecast process for the region.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Continuously look for opportunities for process enhancements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder with professional actuarial qualifications such as FSA, FIA or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years’ of relevant working experience in insurance industry.
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing.
- Strong technical/modeling skills, knowledge or experience in Microsoft Access, FoxPro, VBA, AXIS an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; critical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication & relationship skills.
- Always demonstrate initiatives and commitment, and able to work independently.
- Able to manage multiple and conflicting requests from various parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.