Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Underwriting department is responsible for processing and analyzing the acceptance of the coverage of a life insured by assessing the risk in which aims to minimize losses of the company and help to make a profit. The job purpose is to ensure that the processors are able to meet individual and team goals in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
The Underwriting Assistant’s key responsibilities for this position are:
- Process and capture information to system according to established methods and procedures
- Consistently attain the service level set by the Company
- Assist colleagues and other teams in their production work upon request
- Analyze cases with accurate understanding and make necessary recommendation and sound decision by gathering background information
- Document health declarations, medical reports and laboratory results
- Attaining underwriting approval or authority limit
- Such other duties and functions as assigned by Operations Management
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies)
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in any degree, preferably with Medical background
- High Chinese – literate
- Good computer skills and with fast and accurate typing (both English and Chinese)
- Adherence to quality service
- Good organization and analytical skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in writing
- Careful and attentive to detail even when under time-constraints
- Team-oriented yet able to work independently
- Willing to render overtime work as needed
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven ability to balance approach in different levels of transactions
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Willingness to experiment and take risks
- Can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- With background/experience in insurance firm is an advantage
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Category: