Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Insurance Berhad (MIB) IT Department is to provide support and software solution to the business entity. Currently, Manulife Asset Management Services Berhad (MAMSB) is one of the business unit under Manulife Holdings Berhad (MHB) and has outsourced their IT solution to MIB IT Department. The primary function of this outsourcing arrangement is to support all the existing applications in MAMSB.
The main function of this position is to provide support for software applications in MAMSB, primary developed in Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Form and Report. The job scope consist of application and system design, studies, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the applications and occasionally work as a team with .Net and Web developer team.
This job is suitable for candidate who willing to take up challenges, self-initiative in learning and able to handle complexity solution without much supervision. The fundamental knowledge in the business domain, development skills and positive working attitudes to work with the peer colleague and users would always contribute to the level of success.
- Perform system study and compile document specifications for applications that require enhancement or new development
- Conduct briefing of the project specification / scope of changes to the users and team members before commencement of the development
- Develop and enhance the above system in Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle form/Report
- Perform SIT & support on UAT with users and coordinate with other developers who are working on the same system
- Document, update the operations manual and provide hand over and or knowledge transfer among the colleagues for future maintenance / support
- Create and review technical design, review junior or peer developers’ technical designs.
- Review code completion by junior or peer developers.
- Complete projects within budgeted timelines and keep software defects to minimum
- Report to project manager on status and activities against the project plan or schedule. Ensure all critical milestones for the system implementation are met.
- Candidate must possess at least a degree from a recognized University, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science etc.
- Articulate and proficient in written and spoken English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin. Has the ability to perform presentation skill will be a value-added advantage
- Willing to perform routine assignment, travel abroad when the needs arise.
- Good organizational skills and competent in problem solving
- Adaptable and flexible when dealing with necessary changes and work closely with the team members to perform IT and Non-IT team work (Inclusive of Corporate Social Responsibilities)
- Cheerful and optimistic personality with positive outlook when facing work challenges.
- Preferable 1 to 2 years working experience in developing application systems in Oracle platform (PL/SQL, Forms and Reports) and experience with all phases of system development lifecycle
- Must possess a strong sense of work commitment, whereby able to stay back as and when the need arises, due to testing assignments
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.