Do you want to a revolutionary way to help your clients manage money? Are you a dynamic self starter who wants to be rewarded for your own high performance?
Our Manulife Bank team in Edmonton has an immediate opportunity for a Business Development Consultant. Candidate can be located in Edmonton or Red Deer, Alberta.
In this external relationship management role, you will be responsible for promoting the Bank’s full range of products and services and be accountable to the voice of our Customers and Advisors. With a solid understanding of our Client/Advisor needs, you will be at the forefront of aligning these needs with our innovative technology, product and service solutions.
Who are we looking for?
You are a consultative and engaging ambassador for our Bank products who knows how to get things done while maintaining and fostering meaningful relationships. You add value by bringing your banking knowledge into the regional marketplace and helping others understand that managing money doesn’t need to be complicated. Overall, we are looking for someone who can make a difference and help Canadians make their money work harder and help them achieve their broader financial goals.
Your strong knowledge of residential and commercial lending policies and practices will be beneficial as you:
- Develop and maintain relationships within a specified geographic territory working closely with financial advisors, mortgage brokers and other referral partners
- Optimize delivery of value added products, service and advice while enhancing sales efforts through consultation
- Create strategic solutions and deliver on organizational efficiencies by highlighting opportunities for improvement in existing products and services.
- Manage and expand advisor relationships through regular contact and participating in client seminars
- Promote and demonstrate the merits of integrated Bank products and services with the advisor’s traditional insurance and money products-based business and mortgage brokers traditional lending products
- Create an annual business plan, share best practices and collaborate with business development consultants across the organization
- Develop, organize and deliver proposals, business cases and underwriting case analysis
- Partner with Retail Lending Specialists and other banking specialists to build advisor interests in Manulife Bank debt management and deposit solutions
Special condition – work from home opportunity with travel required within assigned territory
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5 or more years of banking/credit experience
- Completed or working towards industry designation – AMP etc is preferred
- Business planning and territory management skills
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate through consultation and active listening skills
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills to mitigate resistance and ensure adherence to company policies and compliance standards
- Effective presentation skills and delivery to small and large groups
- Knowledge of Manulife Investments and life insurance products an asset
- Proven ability to be innovative in sales strategies, marketing concepts and product applications
Competitive base and performance incentives, comprehensive benefits package, training and ongoing coaching and corporate support.