- Perform Futures margin reconciliation and settlement for both the Manulife Asset Management Toronto and Boston offices.
- Connect with brokers and custodians on Futures give up trades.
- Maintain static data and tables within the firm’s derivative system, Findur.
- Oversight of the trade life cycle of all derivative trades.
- Management and troubleshooting of Findur’s SWIFT system.
- Send out derivatives trades via SCUS or SWIFT through Bloomberg.
- Monitor and amend commission (CUTS) rules within Bloomberg.
- Perform SWIFT process development within Bloomberg.
- Maintain file to record and monitor single name, index, and fx options.
- Coordinate with portfolio managers, traders, trade administration, brokers, compliance, and custodians on market triggers with options such as assignments, roll overs, and corporate actions.
- Assist valuations and pricing on determining the USD premium equivalent of a non USD notional FX Option.
- Maintain a watchlist file for compliance to track the blocking of underlying shares for options.
- Administration of margin for naked/index options.
- Work with internal reconciliation and accounting teams on resolving breaks and suspense issues.
- Ensure settlement of repo trades and management of daily collateral.
- Calculating quarterly and semi-annual interest for swaps.
- Providing tailored PnL reports on option trades and assignments.
- Initial margin reconciliation and posting to help determine the firm’s investment decision on a specific day.
- Perform EMIR reporting and upload to DTC to comply with regulations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) input on Global Optimization project (system upgrades and derivative synchronization), and in system and operational workflows
- Assist in internal and external audit requests
- Stay up to date with derivative regulatory and market requirements such as EMIR, Dodd-Frank, UCITS, and FMIA.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, or a closely related field.
- 3 years of experience with trade life-cycle and settlements.
- 2 years of experience providing insight and margining advice to products including Futures, Options, Swaps, and Repo’s.
- 2 years of experience managing margin and settlement calculation for all the derivative products.
- 2 years of experience monitoring Bloomberg to settle, advise, and assist on derivative trades.** Experience may be gained concurrently.