The Investment Operations Communication Co-Op will be responsible for supporting Client Service Operations in executing on management reporting and communication initiatives across our global team. We are looking for better ways to communicate to key messages to employees and create a sense of community among the team that currently spans 13 countries. The main project would be to help us standup a communication platform and work on the overall communication strategy within operations. There will be other opportunities within this co-op to support operations sr. management in researching cutting edge technology in the space.
What you will be accountable for:
- Research technology that can be used in Investment Operations
- Work on communication strategy for the Investment Operations organization
- Co-ordinate project to get on new communication platform
- Support the Head of Service Management and Head of Operations with ad-hoc projects
The skills and qualifications you will need to be successful:
- Strong written communication skills and savoy with social media
- Organized and self-motivated
- Eagerness to learn and test out new ideas
- Strong work values - dependable, honest, positive attitude
- Experience working in a corporate environment (preference is 2nd or 3rd co-op)
What you will learn:
- Knowledge of the Asset Management Industry, particularly operations
- Project management - how to manage and keep stakeholders informed on project progress
- Effective communication with various stakeholders within a global organization ranging from analysts in the Philippines to Sr. leaders
- Career advice
The student experience we have to offer:
- Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments
- Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
- Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional
- Learn about our culture and core values
Minimum GPA Desired: 3.0
Relevant Majors of Study: Finance, Economics, Business
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.