Insurance Operations Financial Control
Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting functions of the US
Insurance Operations business unit. Ensure that all accounting
records and reconciliations supporting the financial statements are
accurate and prepared on a timely basis; establish and oversee controls
and reconciliations of accounts. Oversee preparation of monthly indicators, quarterly MIS reports, and data to support annual financial statement reporting.
What you will be accountable for:
- Assist with Records management tasks (physical and electronic business records)
- Assist with process documentation updates and minutes from meetings
- Assist with Accounting Reconciliations
- Assist with various adhoc projects and analysis
The skills and qualifications you will need to be successful:
- Effective organization and attention to details
- Positive attitude
- Intuitive mind – ask questions
What you will learn:
- Exposure to a corporate Company cross-functional environment, ie Operations, Finance, management
- Reconciliation and analytical skills
- Various exposure and style of documentation and communication
The student experience we have to offer:
- Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments
- Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
- Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional
- Learn about our culture and core values
Minimum GPA Desired: 3.0
Relevant Majors of Study: Accounting or Finance
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.