Hancock Forest Management, Inc. (HFM), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG). Hancock Natural Resource Group is a Manulife Asset Management Company. Hancock Timber Resource Group was founded in 1985 by foresters and investment professionals who believed that timberland provided investors with an attractive asset class to further diversify their portfolios. Our clients have assets located in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, New Zealand and the United States. As of June 30, 2017, assets under management totaled $10.8 billion.
Hancock Forest Management, Inc. (HFM), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG). Hancock Natural Resource Group is a Manulife Asset Management Company.
Hancock Timber Resource Group was founded in 1985 by foresters and investment professionals who believed that timberland provided investors with an attractive asset class to further diversify their portfolios. Our clients have assets located in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, New Zealand and the United States. As of June 30, 2017, assets under management totaled $10.8 billion.
General Directive: Responsible for implementation of Hancock Forest Management’s harvest production program and provide assistance with the silviculture program as needed. Hancock Forest Management has the objective of providing a timber harvesting program that meets or exceed all laws and SFI® objectives and achieves target investment returns for the client.
Location: Colville, WA
· NE Washington Region encompasses over 245,000 acres and harvests 6000-12,000 acres annually and 50MMBF to 80 MMBF.
· Develop and maintain relationships with HFM staff and HTRG staff.
· Develop and maintain relationships with harvesting and road building contractors.
· Knowledgeable in areas of timber harvest, log manufacturing and quality control, and road construction operations.
· Participate in open communication and teamwork with Region Management Team.
· Implement timber harvesting program and ensure quality control objectives are met.
· Assist with development of tactical harvest planning such as to meet Client objectives, LSA targets and marketing needs.
· Assist in the development of annual property budgets and subsequent forecasts as needed.
· Provide Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Support for timber harvesting and road construction related operations.
· Reports to – NE Washington Timber Harvesting Manager
· Conduct all activities in compliance with HFM policies and procedures, all regulatory and SFI requirements
· Administrate timber harvesting and road building and maintenance contracts.
· Participant in the North Inland Division safety program.
· Assist with the development of harvest plans.
· Help as needed with the layout of harvest units.
· Provide information to Populate and maintain FOPS (planning software) with tactical harvest plans.
· Support implementation of SFI® standards for timber harvesting and road building.
· Manage and update GIS data for harvest activities.
· Interact with other HNRG groups such as Acquisitions, Client Account Group, etc as needed.
· Special projects as requested or needed.
· Assist with Logging appraisals, costing, and retrospective analysis
· Assist with contract negotiation and document preparation.
· Assist with Slash disposal
· A bachelor’s degree in Forest Management (or related field such as Forest Engineering/ Forest Science) or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum of five years in the industry, with jobs demonstrating experience in forest management.
· Strong working knowledge of Washington forest practice regulations.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
· Knowledge of computer software, with emphasis in ArcMap, Excel, Access, and Word.
· Must be team player, able to understand and work with others needs and with different personalities.
· Must be highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Hancock Forest Management offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.
Property & Resources Mgmt