Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Financial Systems & Processes department, also known as, Integrated Financial Solution (IFS), is responsible for delivering world class Enterprise financial reporting and analysis systems. The department is a hybrid business/IS organization structure that brings together staff specializing in several disciplines: IS/IT, project management and business and financial analysis skills.
Key responsibilities of the area are: data governance/quality/maintenance/integrity, ongoing operational support (including monitoring, setup, and end user support), application development, supporting global financial process change initiatives and leading change throughout the business units, implementing changes and upgrades to the ERP, data marts structures and all other systems supported by IFS, and maintaining a controlled, reliable, accessible and stable financial reporting environment.
The incumbent will be part of IFS Treasury Processes team working on projects involving new or existing applications and processes. Their primary responsibility is to ensure system solutions and related processes support overall company objectives and ensure the integrity and quality of financial data. This involves vendor/in-house application deployment, enhancements, steady state support, troubleshooting problems, identifying opportunities for increased effectiveness or efficiency in Financial and Treasury processes.
- Provide Business Analysis support by working with the end users/ Treasury team to decode and rationalize requirements, support functional and integration testing, training, implementation and end user roll out.
- Work with the IS development team to explain and clarify the business requirements and rationale in order to help create solutions that would meet business needs.
- Proactively resolve issues by consulting various stakeholders
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the management to report project status and critical issues requiring their attention
- Create and maintain thorough and accurate project documentation (including functional and technical design specifications) according to the project management methodologies
- Lead testing by preparing required test plans/matrices and executing functional and system integration testing of the application
- Ensure that the issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Project manage small to medium initiatives (as required) according to the established project management methodologies
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions
- Steady state maintenance and enhancement of existing production tools / processes
- Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in business analysis/project management function within finance or treasury area
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and manage ambiguity
- Ability to independently learn new systems / technology
- Possess or working toward professional designation (CMA, CGA, CBAP,PMP)
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.) and data marts
- Comfortable analyzing and organizing large volumes of data
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.Category: