- Supporting the Asia Private Asset Initiative by leading the working group to navigate through tax, regulatory, operational and financial implications enabling Asia to invest in specific assets types.
- Work on special projects as directed by the Director, General Account Investments & Finance, to support GA business, company set up and transaction opportunities in Asia.
- Understand growing General Account Investment business and enhance the overall business environment ranging from enhancing front office, operations/ finance functions and processes.
- Assist legal/ compliance/ investment teams with improving and documenting procedures and controls developed through establishing new business.
- Prepare statutory / local GAAP/ SFC FFR reports for month end and year end closing for the Asia General Account legal entities.
- Oversee annual budgeting process for the General Account Investments in Asia and deliver accurate, meaningful financial information for management reporting.
- Ensure fee revenues/ expenses are being charged in a timely manner according to legal arrangements.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Follow developments in IFRS, any local Asia GAAP / Statutory accounting, and regulatory capital relevant to investments. Provide financial analysis, guidance with regard to interpreting accounting/regulatory capital policy.
- Assist in providing guidance to the various Investment business units on the implementation of new accounting guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and CA/CPA Designation in Accounting required
- Knowledge of IFRS, Asia GAAPs, US GAAP, SFC regulations and capital regimes is an asset.
- 6+ years accounting in asset management/ insurance experience
- Public accounting firm and in house finance at a financial institution background is preferable.
- Excellent PC skills; especially with Microsoft Excel (knowledge of advanced formulas, pivots, macro/ VBA knowledge is a plus), Power Point and Word.
- Experience with databases and accounting systems such as SUN, Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
- Project management expertise and exposure to setting up new businesses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work productively with multiple parties at all different levels including accounting/capital advisory team, controllers, general account investment team and business unit partners in the global organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational, multitasking skills are highly beneficial.
- Ability to work adaptably and independently within the growing business.