- Support the sales efforts of multiple Regional Vice Presidents
Accountable for establishing relationships with intermediaries in assigned territory and influencing them to sell the John Hancock ARA Group Annuity and NAV products to meet the retirement planning needs of small to mid-sized employer clients. The incumbent is responsible for both the amount and quality of sales placed with John Hancock Retirement Plan Services (JHRPS).
- Support RVP’s territory sales targets using the Division’s guidelines for identified sales channels.
- Maintain relationships with producers, business partners; as required, to assist regional conservation efforts.
- Ensure JHRPS reputation for integrity and professionalism in the business community through sales conduct and business relationships.
- Manage business expenses. Through time and territory management, ensure that sales trips are cost effective.
- Contribute to operational productivity through complete and timely transfer of information to RVP’s and support staff.
- Identify sources of business and create sales plans and strategies to penetrate new sales opportunities. Ensure that new producers are identified, developed and supported so that sales targets can be met. Increase brand awareness, production, meeting and proposal counts.
- Thorough understanding of defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans and the competition
- Excellent prospecting, sales and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with high volume of work and conflicting demands on time
- Good PC skills
- Well developed team building skills, ability to build and maintain trust and resolve conflicts
- Self-motivated, results focused, strives to always achieve personal best
- Significant travel, depending on geographic territory.