- Leads the L&D group with full management accountability for the team including developing the vision and setting direction for L&D
- Develops the overarching Sales and Distribution learning strategy to ensure the organization has the right capabilities to deliver business results now and in the future
- Builds organization capability and knowledge to meet current and strategic requirements. Creates a culture that embeds capability development and encourages individual and organizational learning and performance
- Develops innovative, thought leading learning and talent development approaches. Leverages adult learning best practices. Employs an agile mentality to L&D, piloting, testing, and evaluating learning solutions and performance impact
- Leverages design thinking to the strategy and implementation of personalized learning paths and solutions
- Leads and oversees the design of a development infrastructure including career paths, maps and capability frameworks within Sales and Distribution
- Leads and manages the L&D staff with an emphasis on optimizing talent in current and future roles
- Develops strong key stakeholder relationships and sets vision and expectations for the Learning and Development value proposition so that the Sales and Distribution organization relies on the services offered to achieve business objectives
- Has a natural curiosity and interest and appreciation for industry dynamics and evolving landscape. Partners with business leaders to ensure alignment of learning strategy with overall people and JHRPS strategy.
- Leverages insights in retirement planning services to proactively inform approaches to learning, development, and performance. Ensures that skills within Sales and Distribution team match where the industry is heading
- Anticipates L&D needs of the Sales and Distribution team based on performance trends within JHRPS, industry, and other external factors
- Oversees reporting and measurement of performance improvement for individuals, teams, and Sales and Distribution across JHRPS to ensure strong L&D ROI
- Negotiates and manages major Third Party contracts for the delivery of learning and training services, establishing the standards and metrics to track delivery
- Masters level education strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in learning & development with at least 7 years’ management experience
- Specific expertise and experience in developing and implementing learning and performance solutions with a geographically disbursed workforce, leveraging adult learning best approaches.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing projects through a combination of influence and direct authority.
- Strategic thinker who can translate business performance gaps into learning/development strategies.
- Has an excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business and understands how that translates to the learning and development needs of the company.
- Demonstrates consultative approach with business partners and HR colleagues with confidence and credibility.
- Exhibits strong understanding of issues and challenges for the businesses today and for the future.
- Leads team to apply agile approaches to pilots, tests, and iterative approaches.
- Provides strategic direction to senior leaders for development needs (cutting edge content, curriculum, delivery methods).
- A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills who is able to generate options, build consensus, and execute with excellence.
- Possesses a balance of strategic, technical, operational and tactical leadership skills; demonstrated ability to operationalize learning best practices.
- Able to scale processes in a large scale highly complex “hands-on” organization.
- Possesses a strong customer orientation.
- Given the span of control across the organization and leading the L&D team, the successful candidate will have a track record of building exceptional relationships with business leaders, HR colleagues, and vendors across a broad range of levels and functions.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Using sound judgment and personal initiative in order to drive execution across the group to a very high standard, s/he will naturally possess excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and professional speaking skills with ability to articulate and execute a clear vision.
Key Leadership Behaviors:
- The successful candidate will be an L&D executive with proven leadership capabilities, combining a successful and in-depth L&D background with demonstrated strengths in leading the design, development and delivery of high-impact learning solutions.
- Ability to develop, empower and motivate individuals and teams to their highest level of achievement with a focus on measurable results.
- S/he must be relationship oriented and skilled in collaboration - a highly motivated leader, able to manage teams and translate business performance gaps into learning and development strategies.
- S/he will also possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects and priorities.
Working Condition: (If applicable, list the working condition in the terms of Travel Requirement, Physical Labor Requirement, Concentration Requirement and Visional Requirement)
- Some travel required