- Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide high quality of service.
- Effectively collaborate with Finance systems, business teams, and other stakeholders to deliver projects and user requests.
- Efficiently investigate and resolve user application problems of varying severity related to the enterprise financial systems.
- Provide first line support to all IFS technical application issues.
- Work closely with service providers in both environment changes and problem resolutions.
- Field incoming problem tickets and software support calls from end users to resolve application and software issues and other mission critical systems
- Collaborate proficiently with service providers and vendors on installation, maintenance and upgrades of existing and new software.
- Recommend deployment and implementation strategies minimizing impact to business operations.
- Assist in planning and execution of deploying new applications into existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Act as a liaison between business users and technology groups
- Provide rotational 24 x 7 on-call production support.
- Ensure adherence to audit and security standards.
- Create and maintain thorough and accurate documentation of application installation and problem resolution procedures.
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work well with service providers, vendors and internal customers.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate global project schedules or emergency changes, which may include off-hours conference calls.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change and multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management and teamwork skills.
- Ability to learn technology, applications and tools at a rapid pace.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Information Technology environment
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle (Hyperion) OBIEE/Essbase 11.x technology stack.
- Extensive hands on technical experience in OLAP software systems design and implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of middleware technologies (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere)
- Operating systems: AIX 6.1+, Solaris 11, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
- Solid understanding of AppliedOlap Dodeca
- Technical skills and experience i.e. Unix scripting, DOS scripting, Power shell, VB Scripting, Perl, SQL
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.