Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Focused on the validation and correct processing of all cash and income transaction activity initiated from our various Asia and UK Investment Offices.
• Responsible for the administration of Asia and UK investment portfolio activity including:
a) Input transactions into the Company’s book of record, based on information received from Bank Statements and authorized personnel from the regional offices and head office.
b) Work with other departments within Securities Administration, Reconciliation Team, Data Maintenance, Data Quality and Securities Accounting.
c) Produce Cash Statements from the Custodial websites and save them to a shared drive for the international offices to retrieve.
d) Regular involvement in problem resolution and investigations with Custodial Banks and the regional offices and head office
e) Timely investigation and response to internal client inquiries pertaining to the status of activities of assigned portfolios.
f) Daily forward all cash entries with proper back up documentation to Supervisor/Manager.
• Work within existing procedures and processes ensuring clear and concise documentation is created and maintained as such procedures and processes evolve over time.
• Remain familiar with relevant securities industry developments specifically those impacting the activities of assigned portfolios and/or internal clients and custodial service provider.
• Exercise initiative to assist department management in review and analysis of established procedures and processes, making recommendations to ensure that efficient and flexible service is provided to clients at all times.
• Provide assistance to other team members and management team when required.
• Adhere to and reinforce established SOX documentation and controls.
• Additional duties, as assigned by Manager or supervisors request.Qualifications
• Candidate must have at least 1 year working experience in a securities environment
• Must be a graduate of any business courses preferably Management Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related specialization
• Must have fundamental knowledge in investments particularly securities instruments and corporate action events
• Investment banking knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to converse effectively using the English Language
• Strong conceptual skills, diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to exercise flexibility and judgment
• Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment
• High level of accuracy and keen attention to detail
• Demonstrate PRIDE values, initiative and good team work
• Strong PC skills
• Ability to use MS Office applications especially Excel (knowledge in Macro function is an advantage)
• Bloomberg navigation experience and knowledge is a plus
Minimum Skills Requirements to Go-live:
Tools Specific Knowledge
• Basic business English writing and speaking skills
• Ability to use and navigate Excel Office
• Bloomberg navigation
• Lotus Notes
• Maximis and SecRecon
Product Specific Knowledge
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Securities instruments and trade cycle
• Excellent understanding of the different Corporate Actions
• Knowledge on settlements, foreign exchange and banking processes
Process Specific Knowledge
• Knowledge in investment banking, terminology and custodial reporting process
• Buy, Sell, Cover and Short trades in Maximis
• Corporate Action knowledge and income activities such as dividend and interest income
• University graduate in Accounting/Finance, professional accounting designation
• The candidate must be willing to report in a night shift schedule
• The candidate must be willing to report in Diliman, Quezon City.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization.?? It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment.? A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Category: