Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
HK Corporate Actuarial is responsible for valuation of liabilities and financial and capital management of the company.
This role will provide support on the production and review Canadian IFRS (CGAAP) results.
- Valuation and financial reporting under Canadian IFRS (CGAAP) basis.
- Sources of Earnings (SOE) analysis. Review, monitor, and comment on earnings and other financial results/trends.
- Regular experience monitoring (e.g. claims, lapses, expenses)
- Analysis of earnings sensitivity
- Review of new products
- Support model development processes
- Provide training, guidance and advice to other actuarial staff.
- Internationally recognized actuarial designation such as ASA/FSA/FCIA more than 2 years of actuarial experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to work with complex financial issues and concepts.
- Strong communication skill, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with demanding deadlines.
- Proactive attitude and good team player
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.