About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
The VP Information Security (CISO) is responsible for the Cyber-Security posture of Manulife globally. This position is the face of Information Security for Manulife. This individual will be responsible for the business processes that define appropriate Information Security standards for the company, advise divisional and central teams on appropriate Security controls, monitor the performance of our Security control environment and report on our performance relative to managing Information Security Risks to Senior Management and external regulatory authorities as appropriate.
Security Standards and Controls: Develop the framework and content that will form Manulife Security Standards. Ensure Manulife has a robust, comprehensive and defensible approach to identifying, detecting, evaluating, monitoring and treating Information Security risks.
Security advice and consulting: Assemble and lead a team of deep Information Security experts tasked with advising on effective solutions to Security challenges and crafting tailored Manulife specific approaches where necessary and appropriate to ensure appropriate Information Security at the speed of business.
Security monitoring and reporting: Drive the capability to identify Security anomalies, detect developing Information Security events and deliver swift response such that business impacts are minimized and regular business operations are restored.Qualifications
Job Requirements (Experience/Knowledge/Skills):
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive leadership in the areas of Information Security / Business Resiliency / Technology Risk strategies, principles, processes and deliverables within a large enterprise.
University degree (Computer Science or related discipline preferred).
Expertise in best practices of various aspects of information risk management and prior experience as a CISO or head of Information Security.
Strong communication skills and ability to distill highly technical information for non-technologists including executives.
Strong competencies in collaboration and influence.
Knowledge of the regulatory environments in Canada, Asia and the US.
- Strong leadership, communication, consulting, decision-making and influencing skills.
- Superior presentation and facilitation skills to all levels and audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong team player (collaborative).
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Empowers others via delegation.
- Influences others to think strategically.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the industry, strategic direction of the Company and operational challenge.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Key Leadership Behaviors:
- Strategic and innovative problem solving