- Develop, recommend and administer risk management policies, processes and systems to ensure that MBPS operates within MFC’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, covering strategic, market, credit, liquidity, insurance and operational risks.
- Develop and administer communication and education initiatives to foster a risk aware culture throughout MBPS and to ensure officers, employees and agents understand MFC’s risk framework and are aware of and comply with all risk policies, as appropriate.
- Conduct compliance and risk assessments on MBPS’ business and internal services
- Collaborate with Asia Chief Risk Officer to identify, measure and report on MBPS’ risk exposures and to ensure risks are managed within risk tolerances.
- Work with MBPS local risk champion to drive the formation and ensure effective operation of local Risk Committees.
- Provide support for the committee and local risk champion by playing an active role in setting agenda, and ensuring all material risk positions, risk policies, risk taking and risk mitigation activities are reviewed by the committee, and remedial plans are developed when risk exposures are outside or are approaching risk tolerances, as appropriate.
- Drive the implementation of local regulatory Enterprise Risk Management and requirements within MBPS and, where possible, look to streamline local and MFC group Enterprise Risk Management requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the territories incentive compensation scorecards, ensuring incentive compensation is aligned with risk appetite and tolerances and strategic risk objectives.
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise risk management frameworks and processes
- Proven leadership skills, along with strong process and project management capabilities and experience
- Strong communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts
- Highly effective influencing skills
- Strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with divisional and corporate leaders
- High level of conceptual skills and an ability to operate strategically to minimize risks and leverage opportunities, but with an ability and willingness to drill down into detail, with high level of attention as needed.
- Creative problem solving and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions
- Possess expert organizational change management/change leadership skills and hands on experience coordinating internal/external resources in support of successful implementation of change efforts;
- Able to anticipate issues and think proactively to resolve issues and risks
- Proven track record and positive reputation to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal, within and/or beyond their business area
- Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi stakeholder environment and manage multiple priorities