Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Financial’s Institutional business unit is a leading provider of retirement savings plans, employee benefit programs, and insurance solutions for Canadian groups including businesses; professional, alumni and retiree associations; financial institutions; retailers and other organizations. The Institutional business unit provides a broad range of coverage including health and dental care, travel insurance, registered retirement savings and pensions, short- and long-term disability coverage, employee share ownership programs, flexible benefits plans, absence management solutions, defined contribution plans, deferred profit sharing, life and critical illness insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage plus wellness solutions.
Our Group Life & Disability Office is looking for experienced individuals with strong relationship management and problem solving skills to join their fast-paced teams as a Long Term Disability Case Manager in our Halifax office.
In this role, you will be responsible for the assessment of long term disability claims, the development of specific case management plans, and key decisions. These duties rely on your sound analysis of disability contracts and your ability to think strategically and to apply sound judgment. Communication skills are also a vital part of this position as you will deliver difficult messages and manage relationships with Plan Administrators, medical professionals, and other key stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of long term disability claims including the identification, and analysis of medical, contractual, and eligibility information
- Development of case management plans
- Consistent interaction with Claimants and Clients
- Technical direction toward the case management plan
- Making decisions on Waiver of Premium claims
As the preferred candidate, you will possess:
- Previous case management experience within an insurance/financial organization is required
- Disability management and/or Group Benefit knowledge is required
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong customer service focus
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fact-paced, team environment
- An ability to manage relationships with external and internal clients
- Flexibility to balance conflicting priorities
- Bilingualism (French & English) would be considered an asset
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.Category: