Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Digital Experience, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
The Software Engineer will be part of a team developing the next generation of internal and external digital experiences across our network of web properties, integrating content management, communications and employee engagement. The successful candidate will have a solid grasp of the underlying principles of modern site development and the underlying systems and libraries that enable a highly dynamic and adaptive experience. You’ll work alongside Marketing, User Experience, and Analytics professionals in a highly collaborative environment integrating diverse services and technologies into a seamless experience designed to allow intelligent decisioning.
- Design, develop test and support application solutions across varies platforms and technology including Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Collaborate across solutions with product managers, lead engineers, other software engineers, and operations engineers to develop solutions that deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Establish and implement processes to achieve quality outcomes in the content management process
- Provide a front to end VIP service for high priority clients, including Global Communications, CEO messages, Employee Engagement, ensuring the highest quality
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Educating authors on processes and workflow to increase quality
You will bring and continuously build upon the following knowledge and skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing environment; with the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- 4+ years progressive experience in working with software development methodology
- 4+ years experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) languages such as such as Java, C#, or Objective-C or Swift
- A strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Post-secondary education, preferably in software development / engineering, web development, and/or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated competence of HTML and web technologies, including: responsive/adaptive, content management systems, web site tracking software, interactive multi-media technologies, browser differences and web design standards
- Solid understanding of web strategy, web theory, information architecture and online best practices with experience in content management
- Understanding change and ongoing learning of the technologies that impact web application development
- Comfort with new and unknown technologies and an ability to solve with minimal guidance or direction
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, authoring and applying automated unit testing and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.