- This role is responsible for the solution architecture (business, application, information, and integration technology), software engineering leadership during project delivery and ongoing maintenance of Vietnam applications. To be successful in the role, the candidate will possess not only deep expertise in their particular field, but also superior relationship management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ensures solution architecture practices are in place, including: incident management, enhancements, work request and project throughput and quality assurance processes via technical design, unit testing & code reviews and automated testing services.
- Maximizes the reuse of Digital technology, solutions & skills across Manulife Asia (particularly SE Asia markets) to achieve cost efficiencies utilising Agile, DevOps, repeatable technical playbooks and collaborative IT process automation practices.
- Drives effective management of resources to drive resolution of identified project issues and risks, and gains internal / external buy-in that risks and issues are effectively mitigated within desired tolerance levels
- Ensures logical and physical architecture for a project aligns with the standards and reference architectures defined by the Technical Domain and Enterprise Architects.
- Coaches, mentors and supports system development teams in implementing reference architectures and standards
- Communicates the Solution Architectures to senior management, regional teams and development teams through deliverables, presentations, training and other appropriate means and forums
- Works with Technical Domain and Enterprise architects to develop comprehensive solution architecture
- Assists in the development of technical design and physical architectures, emphasizing reuse and integration opportunities
- Identifies architectural issues and risks and, if necessary, escalate them in a timely manner
- Participates in the selection of vendor products and technologies
Reporting to: Head of IT
Recruiter: Tien Phung
Location: 75 Hoang Van Thai, Tan Phu ward, Dictrict 7, Ho Chi Minh city
- Knowledge and experience with the following will be advantageous:
- Knowledge and/or experience of Microservice, Mobile, Cloud first and API based architectures
- Enterprise Service Bus messaging services
- Sales Force Platform
- Web Architecture & Web Services
- Java/.NET Development
- Microsoft platforms & technologies
- Microsoft Azure
- SQL (Oracle or Microsoft)
- Open systems platforms & technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years of Solution Architecture experience
- 5+ years of Application Architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience in project delivery & Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- 5+ years’ experience with e-business, digital and partner integration programs
- Experience and / or certification in Agile Software Development Methodology
- Extensive experience dealing with third parties including management of an offshore ADM center
- Experience working with remote/geographically dispersed teams including extensive travel
- Experience in Application development, design & integration
- A deep understanding of the insurance industry, key principles of business and competitive strategy, and evolving digital and societal trends
- Extensive knowledge of insurance business, systems, and processes is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Digital, emerging and disruptive technology applications
- Strong awareness of developing IT/insurance & cross industry/competitor trends (applications, delivery models, new technology concepts etc.)
- Appreciation of cultural differences across the Asia region
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.