Director, Operations is responsible for ensuring that a business has the best working environment, processes, evaluate how a business operates and improves the productivity of an organization. Also, support/participate in strategic/operational planning, manages of all aspects, including staff, programs, projects, and manages the implementation of business guidelines and strategies and working with other department heads to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with any guidelines.
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- Ensuring the business operates within the company's mission statement
- Keeping employees motivated and organizing appropriate training
- Working with department heads and senior management to get the best performance from staff.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizations mission-specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Engage in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Development of individual program budgets
- Supervise and coach managers/Supervisors and other direct subordinates.
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Participate in recruitment process and placement of required staff. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services and facilitate coordination/communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input - Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Manage overall front and back office activities, including customer service area and ensures that the needs of customers are being satisfied. The aim is to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Requires proven Industry relevant work experience of 3-10 years
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Information technology skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Bachelor's degree for entry into the field. Acceptable majors might include business, finance, management, or economics. Training in any of these areas should provide future operations directors with the ability to analyze finances, communicate professionally, identify legal issues, and improve productivity.
- A master's degree in business administration, supply chain management, finance, or economics is preferred
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We are committed to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.