Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Tech Lead, Recordkeeping Solutions has numerous responsibilities that are critical in supporting the John Hancock retirement business. In addition to providing technical leadership for one or more Agile Delivery/Feature teams, this person will also collaborate with other IT and business stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of software development projects, formulate solution recommendations, and drive results that support the RPS mid/large market business.
The Tech Lead, Recordkeeping Solutions will report to the Director, Recordkeeping Solutions and be responsible for:
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to one or more Agile Delivery/Feature teams that support the RPS TRS recordkeeping systems
- Mentor and guide developers/engineers
- Hands on development as a member of an Agile team working on the TRS recordkeeping solutions
- Partner with program managers, project sponsors and end users to drive the recordkeeping platform strategy
Collaborate with IT leadership and RPS architecture team to align solutions to target state architecture and participate in evaluation of new technologies. Mentor developers/engineers on best practices, architecture patterns and secure coding.
Encourage and foster best code development practices within the team and collaborate with other resources on cross-functional best practices and improvements.
Provide support and direction to team to ensure the ongoing success of IT projects and ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
- 10+ years of experience in an application development and/or support environment or relevant experience
- 10+ years of development experience using Microsoft technology stack
- Experience with Node.js, ASP.Net Core, C#, REST services, MVC 5, JSON, Web API and cloud based development experience
- Experience with Angular 2 a plus
- Demonstrated passion for technology, application development and process improvement
- Experience leading the development of complex solutions
- Highly-motivated, driven and results-oriented with demonstrated leadership and proven managerial capabilities, including experience leading teams
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to obtain consensus and drive results
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively deal with dynamic, complex situations in a fast-paced customer focused organization
- Financial/Retirement industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V