Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As an Analyst within Manulife [John Hancock] Asset Management’s Global Asset Allocation team, contribute to the research effort and investment decision-making process across a wide variety of global, multi-asset strategies, including target-risk, target-date, and alternative allocation funds, representing over +$100 billion in AUM.
- Research and Analysis
- Contribute to the idea-generation and ongoing research process across a wide variety of asset classes, sectors, regions, and styles.
- Conduct fundamentally-oriented research studies that focus on the macro-economic environment, fundamentals, valuation, and sentiment/technical indicators and present key findings/recommendations to investment team.
- Participate in quarterly asset class forecasting process by augmenting quantitatively-generated forecasts with fundamental insights for specified regional markets.
- Partner with 3rd-party research providers for relevant investment ideas and trends to be shared with broader investment team.
- Portfolio Construction
- Collaborate with quantitative analysts in leading portfolio construction studies to develop optimal strategic asset allocation portfolios across a variety of investment objectives
- Contribute to the ongoing research & development efforts related to glide path construction/testing
- Work with traders to ensure timely execution of investment ideas across a wide variety of strategies
- Manager Selection and Oversight
- Assist portfolio management team in the ongoing evaluation of existing and prospective underlying strategies through use of performance attribution, returns-based style analysis, and factor-analysis.
- Participate in manager due-diligence meetings to understand/validate underlying fund’s investment strategy, positioning, and key characteristics.
- Meet with and evaluate prospective investment managers for potential inclusion into asset allocation portfolios.
- Portfolio Analysis
- Assist portfolio managers in the ongoing oversight, performance monitoring, and risk management of strategic asset allocation portfolios.
- Work with Portfolio Specialists to help articulate the team’s investment perspectives, key positioning, trade rationale, and performance profile for internal/external communications.
- BA/BS Degree required, CFA / Masters degree or higher preferred.
- 7-years investment experience recommended.
- Deep understanding of asset allocation techniques and concepts.
- Direct experience in manager due diligence process a plus.
- Consummate team player willing to work with and learn from colleagues.
- Expert in industry-leading portfolio analysis and attribution software including Bloomberg, Factset, Barra, Point, Morningstar Direct, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the investment marketplace and industry trends, particularly in the institutional market.
About the Company
Manulife/John Hancock's Investment Division manages the Company's General Fund, on-balance sheet assets and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centers, including the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South East Asia. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V