Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife/John Hancock is an innovative global financial services company with offices throughout North America, Asia and Europe. We have a strong history, welcoming our first customers in 1887, and since then have consistently focused on providing customers with strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our Group Functions Technology team develops innovative solutions to complex business problems that add value to our business and for our customers. Using the latest processes & technology, and helmed by a technology-obsessed leadership team, we create and deliver leading-edge systems, products and services that propel our business forward.
The Business Systems Analyst maintains and supports delivery services, with accountability for production reliability and usage and the delivery of new functionality.
As new technologies and challenges emerge, the Business Systems Analyst identifies opportunities, develops business cases and coordinates activities that are affected by new technology implementation.
This wide-ranging role supports local and global initiatives, and works closely with the other application system and platform owners, as well as Internal and External service providers.
This position promotes interactive engagement with will parties across Manulife further enhancing the Manulife culture and experience.
- Key Application Support resource for all Manulife based systems
- Establish and grow the relationship between the customer and technical support teams
- Perform traditional Business Systems Analyst functions including gathering business requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Co-ordinate the roll-out of global applications to Manulife-based users
- Co-ordinate corporate initiatives impacting local resources and systems ensuring minimal impact with maximum communication
- Represent region as key participant in divisional and global working groups
- Develop and maintain relationships with global peers
- Work with global teams in a 24x7 support environment
- Ensure potential issues are tracked and escalated in a timely manner
- Develop Trend Analysis and implement new solutions to streamline recognized deficiencies
- Facilitate communications between business and technical teams
- Work with business to ensure all security measures are applied
- Define User Acceptance Criteria and support testing activities
- Provide detailed updated documentation on all Manulife based systems
- Participate fully as a team member promoting knowledge sharing, innovation and support
- Develop regression testing and upgrade testing plans, and lead implementation of new features in new application releases
- 3-5 years’ experience in an IT role with demonstrated career progression
- Effective conceptual, diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working directly with business clients in addition to application support teams
- Experience managing and liaising with third-party service providers
- Project Management experience gained through working on project teams and working closely with Project Managers
- Experience with SaaS, Distributed (Hosted) and Cloud based technologies
- Strong understand of application and platform technologies
- Vendor Management experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server (developing scripts, query creation and DB Management)
- Understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases and data modeling
- ITIL experience and strong understanding of standard Change Management methodologies
- Experience maintaining and routinely testing Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Plan
- Skilled in workflow process creation
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with Application Lifecycle planning for the application environment
- Previous experience in financial services industry is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office and collaboration tools (SharePoint)
- Knowledge of business analysis principals and best practices
- Dependable, professional, demonstrated leadership and judgement skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.