Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
At the core of our Canadian Division strategy is to put the customer at the center of everything we do. Our Customer Experience (Cx) organization is at the forefront of bringing this to life. The Retail Support Services (RSS) team is a new and exciting team in Retail Cx and we are looking for a candidate to help us mature our delivery model with a core focus on business architecture, innovation and the successful implementation of methodology and practice models to deliver and delight on our customer journeys through innovation.
This new and exciting opportunity requires a strong Practice Leader who will provide collaborative, consensus leadership through a common vision and understanding of our business, strategic goals and objectives.
As the Practice Leader, you will be accountable for business architecture - proactively and holistically leading and supporting activities to create integrated deliverables for strategic programs, projects and large initiatives. You will bring with you a deep knowledge and experience related to customer journey maps, to visualize and analyze all customer touch points through the journey.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong business acumen, can grasp abstract concepts and communicate them to others at all levels of the organization in a way that is easy to understand. You can work independently, and given only a high-level description of the business challenge, can investigate, create and institute business solutions. This role requires a highly visible leader who can drive change through relationships, thought leadership and change management.
- Working closely with a variety of disciplines, leaders and diverse groups throughout the Canadian Division to drive solutions to business needs with innovative, visionary and appropriate tactical and strategic solutions in waterfall, agile and hybrid frameworks
- Identify and lead initiatives which develop and improve standards, best practices and methodologies related to project, production and operational support activities
- Keep abreast of current standards, approaches and methodologies related to business architecture, customer journey maps and business process management
- Assume the role of senior advisor, teacher, mentor and expert to members of the team, acting as a coach by providing them with the appropriate knowledge and guidance in the realization of their process and tasks. You will also help them to acquire and apply business process management behavior, skills and tools
- Effectively communicate proposals to all levels of staff/leadership within business and IT areas
- Proficient at using business architecture tools and techniques, including process models, business capability modeling, customer and user profiling and journey maps
- Facilitate agreement on organizational work models and processes to meet the needs of Retail Cx and Canadian division CX where required
- Consult with strategic initiatives/programs, to guide business architecture and customer journey maps
- University degree in Business or 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in related business roles including strategic planning, business architecture, business process modelling/management
- 3-5 years’ experience in business consulting and/or business architecture
- Experience working in a shared service, delivery practice, COE or customer consulting
- Advanced communication skills both written and oral dealing with varying levels within the organization
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall delivery frameworks
- Experience with Customer Journey Maps
- Strong problem-solving skills with a key ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders
- Strong ability to navigate a matrix environment ensuring consensus and agreement on the customer journey
- Strong knowledge of Customer Personas including those of the advisor channels
- Sound knowledge of change management practices and experience as a change agent
- Strong relationship management and thought leadership to drive change
CBA® (Certified Business Architect), Business Process Management or other professional designations are highly desirable. Lean Six Sigma or TOGAF® would be considered as assets.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.