Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Senior Manager role in HKCA is mainly responsible for financial reporting, business planning, capital management and ad-hoc projects. He/she is expected to provide timely and quality deliverables & analysis and also manage the junior team members.
- Leading the team to deliver timely submission and ensure they are of high quality and standard.
- Coordinate with different teams and departments on different tasks and project to fulfill management, financial, and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Lead and support ad-hoc projects.
- Maintenance of model/process documentation and controls to satisfy valuation control, SOX, and audit requirements.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior staff.
- Degree holder with FSA or equivalent qualification(s).
- 6+ years’ of relevant experience in the life insurance industry.
- Proficiency in actuarial software (AXIS) is an Ability to lead and manage a team of junior staff.
- Strong communication skills to work with internal clients and external parties.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.