Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Senior Specialist, IT Programmer within the Operations Department, the incumbent will be responsible to support the implementation of various projects for application systems. Participate in analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation throughout the whole development cycle.
- Responsible for assisting the implementation of various projects for application systems
- Participate in analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation through out the whole development cycle
- Work with local and regional team in delivering the projects
- Perform other related tasks as requested
- University degree in any computer related discipline is preferred
- 1- 3 years relevant working experience with solid experience in Net and Database server (Oracle is an advantage)
- Sound knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC) standard
- Sound knowledge of system development with .NET
- Prior working experience in life insurance or financial industry is an advantage
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment and under pressure
- High sense of quality and strong personal drive
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Fast learner with high commitment
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We are committed to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.