- Oversee operations of both North America and Asia in maintaining the Global Connections Database. This includes monitoring of market corporate actions and rating actions, daily compliance functions for security lending and derivatives as well as performing data integrity checks and load to the database.
- Lead the preparation of weekly and monthly General Fund Compliance reporting.
- Manage the teams’ day to day operations promoting efficiency and team effectiveness
- Allocate and delegate tasks to team members and manage the task monitoring system used for regular business review reporting
- Ensure the delivery of excellent customer service by proactively promoting client centricity
- Act as the project manager who will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of any short-term or streamlining and automation projects
- Take the lead role in resolving critical issues raised during operations and proactively manage and monitor control efficacy to ensure potential risk is minimized
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions
- Effectively communicate significant production updates and challenges to management as well as to the business unit in a timely manner
- Drive the team in achieving its organizational goals and objectives.
- Consult with MBPS Finance management on business planning, direction, and identification of opportunities for team growth and development
- Perform the People Manager role for the performance management, professional growth and development of staff which includes feedback sessions, productivity tracking, coaching, one to one meetings and regular employee reviews.
- Lead the regular business reviews and produce dashboard and metrics reports detailing the team’s performance (productivity, utilization, and attendance), challenges and areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements and MBPS and Business Unit compliance standards are met at all times
- Improve team effectiveness by implementing, monitoring and reviewing training policies and guidelines
- Perform managerial duties such as hiring, attendance/incentives management, billing, and overall coordination with the support departments such as HR, Finance and IT
- Understanding of credit risk management
- Understanding of the investments and the insurance business
- Business, Economics, Finance, Math degree or comparable work experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in Credit Risk Management for Investments
- Strong relationship management skills to build enduring and productive alliances across matrix organizations. Experience in partnering with a diverse team located in multiple locations and time zones.
- Strong interviewing, influencing and negotiation skills across the organization.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills with knowledge and understanding of process design, as well as productivity improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrates strong flexibility in the face of ambiguous situations, shifting demands, and challenging work environments. Uses diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. Escalates more serious issues to management.
- Excellent initiative and ability to commit to a course of action in the face of risks and uncertainty
- Professional attitude and client service orientation; collaborative and results-oriented
- Bloomberg, MS Access