- The role is responsible for developing and maintaining a framework and for championing and overseeing risk management and mitigation activities within Vietnam. The role will also ensure that Vietnam operates within Manulife’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, and are meeting local regulatory requirements relating to risk management
- Develop, recommend and administer risk management policies, processes and systems to ensure that Vietnam operates within MFC’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, covering strategic, market, credit, liquidity, insurance and operational risks. Develop and administer communication and education initiatives to foster a risk aware culture through out Vietnam and to ensure officers, employees and agents understand MFC’s risk framework and are aware of and comply with all risk policies, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business units to identify, measure and report on the countries risk exposures and to ensure risks are managed within risk tolerances.
- Ensure effective operation of local Risk Committees. Provide staff support for the committees by playing an active role in setting agenda, and ensuring all material risk positions, risk policies, risk taking, and risk mitigation activities are reviewed by the committees, and that remedial plans are developed and monitored when risk exposures are outside or approaching risk tolerances, as appropriate. Facilitate the setting of the company's risk appetite and ensure alignment of risk appetite with the overall strategic plan. Facilitate the discussion on evolving risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of operational risk management and model risk vetting, and ensure that the programs continues to perform effectively on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the implementation of local regulatory Enterprise Risk Management and Own Risk Solvency Assessments requirements within Vietnam and, where possible, look to streamline local and MFC group Enterprise Risk Management requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the territories incentive compensation scorecards, ensuring incentive compensation is aligned with risk appetite and tolerances and strategic risk objectives.
- Ensure that the Company operates within Manulife’s Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, covering initially Enterprise and Operational Risks
- Influence emerging local regulatory and industry risk framework changes. Ensure that the Company is informed of the emerging local regulatory changes on risk management framework.
Recruiter: Tien Phung
Location: Manulife Plaza, 75 Hoang Van Thai, Tan Phu ward, Dist. 7, HCMC
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- Degree Holder
- 10+ years of experience with strong business sense and preferred with risk management experience
- Knowledge/ experience in compliance and operation is a plus
- Highly developed financial acumen and business orientation
- Experience in managing operational risks is a plus
- Fluent in Vietnamese is a plus
- Good verbal and written English skill
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise risk management frameworks and processes
- Proven leadership skills, along with strong process and project management capabilities and experience
- Strong communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts
- Highly effective influencing skills
- Strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with divisional and corporate leaders
- High level of conceptual skills and an ability to operate strategically to minimize risks and leverage opportunities, but with an ability and willingness to drill down into detail, with high level of attention as needed
- Creative problem solving and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Risk Management