- Provide advisory, analytical, project management and/or implementation services to business units in the roll-out of new derivatives products or strategies in support of business objectives for General Fund and Third Party businesses.
- Be responsible for expanding counterparty choices of derivatives trading for the business by ensuring internal approvals / system readiness and external counterparties / cutodias set-up.
- Liaise with global and Asian offices to share best practices and establish consistent derivative onboarding policies and procedures with global and Asian offices.
- Support senior management & external reports, one-off issue resolution and operational activities as the need arises from the derivative space.
- Assist in Investment Operations onboarding for new fund launches, new client mandates.
- Establish good working relationships across operations system support and other business units to generate workable solutions and resolve issues quickly.
- Fully understand business unit requirements, products and timelines. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research into the business models of assigned business units to formulate a clear picture of the business model and understand the linkage between the products, the liabilities incurred, and the supporting assets and derivatives, and the reasons for certain management strategies being employed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Project Managment or Business with at least 7+ years experience in the securities industry and/or investment operations.
- Professional designation – CFA, PRM and/or FRM would be an asset.
- Hands-on experience with listed and OTC derivatives especially on onboarding, trading agreements, valuation, settlement and collateral management processes.
- Working knowledge of exchange-traded and OTC derivatives and regulatory reforms in U.S. (i.e. Dodd-Frank), Europe and Asia for OTC derivatives, specifically the Clearing and Trade Reporting of OTC derivatives.
- Knowledge in hedge accounting for derivatives under IFRS, U.S. GAAP or Japan GAAP would be an asset.
- Sound understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various business units that interact in a new fund launch, new client mandate, portfolio restructuring within an asset management company and/or custodial environment is a definite plus.
- Direct experience working in an Insurance Company Investment Division, Asset Management Company and/or brokeage environment is a strong advantage.
- Computer literacy with common PC applications and experience with portfolio management platforms such as Bloomberg, Portia, Simcorp, Findur, APEX, and/or an aptitude to grasp and use a new system quickly, relatively independently and with depth.
- Strong communication and presentation skill to deal with various internal and external parties and able to work under pressure.
- A capacity to frame and solve problems using sound reasoning, innovation and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently to deliver on commitments and resolve issues.
- Demostrate strong organizational, multi-tasking and task priorization ability to work in a fast changing environment.