Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our HR team, working closely with the HR Business Partners, advising on a suite of solutions to meet the business' people needs, or to consult on workforce and individual people issues. The successful applicant will support HR Partners and work in concert with COEs and Shd Services to ensure a consistent employee and manager experience across business units.
- Provide assistance to CHRO and HRPs on HR related analytical and administrative activities
- Work / coordinate on HR projects independently or under guidance of HRP
- Be an active support resource for HR initiatives – annual compensation, talent review etc.
- Support the CHRO and team with interpretation of data and trending gathered from Centers of Expertise (COEs) and research, in order to inform and therefore impact the HR strategy for the business.
- Manage events for raising HR engagement, jointly with other team leads and/or their delegates – townhalls, recognition/celebration events, etc.
Experience / Qualification / Knowledge
- Degree Holder, 2 to 5 years' experience working in Human Resources in sizable organizations
- Service oriented and customer centric. Positive and forward thinking
- Hold high ethical standard, able to make sound and fair decisions
- Role-modelling collaboration, decisiveness and execution within and across teams.
- Identify and resolve issues on a timely manner.
- Operational excellence. Continually look for improvement Take ownership for responsibility being assigned
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.