Hancock Forest Management, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group, is seeking qualified candidates to join the team in Louisiana, based out of the Mansfield, Louisiana office. This position supports all forest management operations on approximately 100,000 acres in beautiful North western Louisiana. Daily assignments are performed in a friendly team environment with other HFM personnel.
This position will report to HFM’s DeRidder, Louisiana office.
Opportunities and benefits of this position:
· Diverse landscape to work in forest administration.
· A tremendous opportunity to gain proficiency with all aspects of forest management operations on a daily basis including safety leadership for contractors, land management operations, stewardship, silviculture, road maintenance, harvest administration, timber marketing support, reforestation, inventory support, and contractor relations.
· An opportunity to work with HFM decision support staff at various locations.
· Implement Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) objectives and standards.
· Plan and forecast wood supply delivery objectives.
· Gather and analyze market intelligence to help negotiate prices with area mills.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with timber procurement personnel, logging contractors and HFM personnel in other areas.
Key Activities of the position include:
· Developing site specific silviculture prescriptions, planning, budgeting, implementing and performing quality inspections and reporting all applicable operations.
· Administering local reforestation programs to ensure successful plantations are reestablished that meet or exceed growth expectations.
· Update inventory and mapping software in conjunction with resource support personnel.
· Support regional stewardship activities and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) Program objectives.
· Assist with wood supply agreement administration as applicable.
· Asset protection, working with external consultants, contractors and state agency personnel to ensure casualty losses are minimized
· Work with hunters and other recreational users to ensure license compliance.
· Participate in special projects to add diversity and broaden skills.
· A bachelor’s degree in Forestry
· GIS experience is highly desired
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Experience in managing contracts is a plus
· Must be very self-motivated
· Strong computer and analytical skills
· Knowledge or ability to learn and apply key financial concepts to business decisions
· Must be team player and have strong communication skills
· Knowledge in product merchandising and local market specifications is a plus
· Client service oriented
Hancock Forest Management offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.