Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) was founded in 1985 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) is a division of HNRG and develops and manages diversified farmland portfolios for a global client base, and is one of the world’s largest farmland investment management organization. As of December 31, 2017, US assets under management totaled $2.8 billion. HNRG is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial.
As a team contributor, the Transactions Manager will report to the Director of Acquisitions and Dispositions and coordinate and manage all aspects of the US acquisitions and dispositions process to achieve successful completion of farmland transactions. This position can be filled in Boston, MA or a remote California location.
· Assist or direct all phases of acquisition and dispositions transactions which include:
o supporting Regional Acquisition Managers’ efforts in sourcing and marketing transactions
o assist in negotiating and drafting LOIs, REPCs, and other transactional documents alongside legal counsel and Acquisition Managers
o managing all phases of due diligence efforts through management of support staff
o review and oversight of legal documents, including real estate purchase contracts, farm leases, water sharing agreements, phase I environmental reports, appraisals, soil tests, water tests, well tests, due diligence summaries, and other transaction related documents
o managing the closing and escrow processes
o preparation and presentation of client and internal committee memos
o regular communication with the project team, internal stakeholders, sellers, and vendors
· Support the HAIG team in providing timely information and analysis related to farmland transaction needs, including:
o managing transaction pipeline database and reports
o preparing and managing documents, files, presentations, and reports
o utilize demographic, economic and market data to prepare memos, reports and marketing materials
o review and summarize a suite of templates, both before and after populated;
· Collect market data and maintain knowledge of key industry trends
· Support of investment underwriting and modeling
· Generate and maintain key contacts within the farmland owners, investment community members, and vendors to acquire information related to investment trends, markets, and transaction opportunities
· Educational and work experience in Agriculture, Project Management, Finance and/or related fields
· Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, or related field highly desirable
· 5 + years’ experience in transaction management, project management, or accounting
· Comprehensive knowledge of land records, appraisal, title, and environmental due diligence
· Knowledge of farmland across various investment regions of North America and Australasia
· Knowledge of real estate law and practices
· Strong organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and analytical skills
· Proficient in discounted cash flow analysis, farmland valuation procedures
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; able to perform as a service provider to colleagues, company associates and clients
· Enthusiastic, deadline driven, self-starter capable of working independently on multiple projects with minimal direct supervision
This Position Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.
Hancock Natural Resource Group offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees. Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.
Strategy & Corporate Development