Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) was founded in 1985 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) is a division of HNRG and develops and manages diversified farmland portfolios for a global client base, and is one of the world’s largest farmland investment management organization. As of March 31, 2017 the Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) manages $2.7 billion of agricultural farmland assets on behalf of its institutional investors, including public and private plans. HNRG is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist in the management of all aspects of due diligence during acquisition of properties, complete documents required for approval to purchase and any required for issues that need to be addressed post-closing.
JOB LOCATION: Savoy, IL or Boston, MA
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist as needed in coordinating escrow and funding of acquisitions with Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, Resource Planning team, Acquisition Manager, Escrow Officer, Legal (internal and external), third-party vendors, and HAIG Accounting.
- Assist in executing/coordinating due diligence process, including but not limited to:
- Following timeline and tracking procedures for properties placed into escrow to ensure that all critical dates within the contract are recognized and met.
- Obtain bids from vendors for services needed to complete due diligence, such as appraisals, surveys, Phase I’s, Biological reviews, house and building inspections, water studies, irrigation studies, soil test reports, etc.
- Assist in maintaining vendor(s) bid and scope letters templates.
- Assist in maintaining vendor list of approved third party providers.
- Assist in tracking all third party reports for completion within the timeframe specified within the bid and feasibility period.
- Assist in coordinating/communicating receipt and findings of third party reports to Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, Acquisitions Managers, and Legal (internal and external).
- Assist in coordinating/executing closing of escrow with seller and all internal stakeholders.
- Prepare internal Investment Committee vote documents, with the assigned Acquisition Manager, Transaction Manager, and Resource Planning team member, in preparation for Investment Committee approval.
- Assist in preparation of internal Investment Committee vote documents, with the assigned Acquisition Manager, Transaction Manager, Resource Planning team member, and Portfolio Manager in preparation for NRIC approval.
- Prepare Due Diligence Summaries with the assistance of the assigned Acquisition Manager, Transaction Manager and Property Manager.
- Assist in communicating/coordinating the handling of post-closing issues with lawyers, Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, and Property Manager.
- Ensure all acquisition/real estate documents are received and distributed to necessary personnel and saved on the HAIG shared electronic drive.
- Assist/coordinate various meetings for HAIG, HNRG and/or upper management as needed.
- Review, respond, track, distribute real estate related mail and/or regulatory agency correspondence
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- 1 year of Real Estate or title experience preferred
- Must be able to have the ability to problem solve on their own
- Must be able to work well with management, vendors and lawyers
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and multiple transactions at one time
- Must be organized and assertive
- Frequent Sitting, occasional lifting
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- View and Type on computer screens for long periods
- Manual dexterity must be sufficient to operate a keyboard
- Type 40 wpm
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Office is small with open floor plan, but is usually quiet. Business casual office attire. Work is performed inside a temperature-controlled office building 100% of the time.
This position will require occasional travel to various regional meetings and to occasionally review acquisitions.
Hancock Natural Resource Group offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is an equal opportunity employer.