- Management of various technical teams either as a direct report or through a Sr/Team Leader.
- Develop Service Level Agreements with Manulife Business Units and provide means to monitor and improve the technology services delivery output.
- Deploy strategic and tactical initiatives and plans to deliver the different technical services requirements.
- Create, recommend and deploy technology and process improvement tools, best practices and work flow improvements.
- Establish a strong relationship with Manulife Business Units in managing and growing the business further, proactively addressing operational issues and concerns and implementing mitigating steps to prevent recurrence of similar issues in the future.
- Responsible for Service Delivery, Governance, Reports and Management Escalation.
- Actively influence, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders across the company to meet objectives and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with business unit leaders and counterparts and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials for operational activities.
- People management, setting team & individual objectives, delivering performance reviews, and facilitating skill & knowledge development.
- Management & ongoing advancement, improvement & maturing of services supporting MBPS and the different Manulife Business Units.
- Ensure compliance to work process standards and guidelines.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities assigned by the DIS AVP.
- Degree Holder in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a similar course.
- At least 3-5 years of Progressive IT Supervisory or Manager Experience.
- With experience in overseeing large teams with complex IT technologies.
- Strong Infrastructure Background with experience in managing in-house and vendor provided services including contracts management, infrastructure disciplines in mainframe, distributed Intel and Unix Systems, storage, security, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge in IT Service Management and other process frameworks (ITIL, CobiT)
- With experience in managing finances, costs, revenue and budget.
- Applications Programming / Development Experience in any of the following – ASP, JAVA, .NET, C/C++/C#, XML, CSS, Mobile Applications, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server (Reporting Service, Integration Service and Database service, and complex stored procedures),Oracle, Sybase, Essbase, Lawson, etc.
- Project Management Skills
- Advance Skills in Microsoft Excel preferred
- BPMN or workflow modeling applications.
- Proven leadership & people/talent management capabilities.
- Able to function as an organizational change agent and see beyond current situations towards enterprise-wide higher level process and systems improvements
- Demonstrated project management & planning skills; balances strategic skills with tactical execution skills
- Strong motivational, developmental & operational management skills
- Strong consulting, and negotiation skills; ability to function effectively within matrix management situations & under dynamic mandates
- Strong analytical & metrics management skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written & presentation; ability to adapt content to various audiences; communicates effectively at all organization levels
- Proven interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships, engage and influence others, work with a diverse internal and international customer base
- Strong attention to details and services accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent in data collection, summarization and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and act professionally at all times.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization.?? It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment.? A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.