Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The role is responsible for strategizing, managing and executing internal and external communications / PR, media relations and crisis management.
- Develop communications strategy in brand building and positioning through media programs and advertising and campaign activities.
- Develop internal communications strategy and execute corporate/media events.
- Develop and execute the preparation of press releases, responses to media queries, media monitoring, newsletters, messages, annual reports and any other communications when required.
- Management of the Company’s brand development initiatives i.e. corporate collaterals, premiums, stationery, brand/customer survey etc.
- Management and execution of Company’s online communications such as corporate website, intranet and other social media
- Managing external relations with media, agencies, associations and other relevant 3rd parties.
- Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience and working knowledge in financial services industry will be an added advantage.
- Must be pro-active in anticipating needs of senior management and responsive to press and other stakeholders’ requests
- Must exercise strategic thinking and planning skills
- Considerable knowledge of public relations and the media, including concepts, processes and procedures. Strong media relations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team environment and provide consistent, high quality work product
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.