Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Internal Sales Director, Core, accountable for leading a team of Internal Sales Consultants (ISCs - internal wholesalers) to deliver the highest caliber sales and service to Regional Vice-Presidents (RVPs - external wholesalers) and their advisors. Accountable for developing and executing effective marketing campaigns and activities through ISCs to bolster market share in retirement plan products within assigned distribution region.
- Business Development - Deliver the highest level of sales and service to all stakeholders in the sales process including RVPs and their advisors within assigned distribution region. Develop and implement strategies to grow advisor relationships, being cognizant of Broker Dealer focus firms. Establish close working relationships with field sales management plus Home Office operations managers affiliated with region to maintain in-depth knowledge of sales strategies and constantly improve sales process delivery. Ensure all sales functions operate in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- People Management - Hire, develop and manage a team of internal wholesalers. Make decisions in relation to their employment, compensation, performance reviews, training, development, and other related employment issues. Set clear performance expectations for staff by conducting quarterly progress reports to hone in on skill refinement and best practices.
- Marketing Execution – Implement corporate and ad hoc sales campaigns as required. Facilitate the development of joint ISC/RVP business plans with DVPs to align resources effectively for different RVP territories.
- Financial Accountability - Provide input into the budgeting process and manage costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of retirement planning experience as an internal wholesaler, external wholesaler or advisor
- 2-3 years previous management experience
- Variable and Life Insurance licenses as well NASD Series 7, Series 63 and Series 24 are required to be obtained within 6 months of hire
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong leadership, coaching, team-building and relationship-building skills with sales people
- Excellent communication skills along with strong influence and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen especially with retirement planning, investments and intermediary strategies
- Honed analytical, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to create a stimulating and motivating work environment
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V