- Responsible for supporting all aspects of HCM’s client service efforts, including timely responses to questions and information requests through direct client interaction
- Building relationships with existing clients and their consultants to effectively serve as a “go to” resource for their client service needs
- Assisting in the preparation and review of capital call, distribution, portfolio company disposition,
- and other routine notices to HCM clients
- Managing quarterly updates to portfolio review and marketing presentation materials, including coordination with reporting and valuation teams on updating track record and other information, and managing the compliance review process
- Assisting with the syndication of co-investment opportunities to the limited partners in the HCM funds, including managing documentation flow and data rooms, coordinating meetings and calls, and managing post-closing information flow and requests in coordination with members of the investment, legal, and accounting teams
- Helping to coordinate HCM events, including participating in the planning and preparation for HCM’s annual meeting, limited partner lunches, dinners, receptions, and other such events the team may plan from time to time
- Coordinating updates to the HCM website as necessary
- Managing multiple special projects relating to client service, marketing, record keeping, compliance, and other such areas that may arise over time
- Coordinating with the accounting and reporting team on track record updates, client reporting, expense allocations, and other such matters
- Maintaining a detailed understanding, and ongoing implementation, of compliance policies, procedures, and record keeping requirements
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the investment portfolios in client accounts to facilitate responsiveness to client questions and information requests
- Participating in team meetings, including HCM’s Monday morning meeting, investment review and approval meetings, ad hoc meetings on various topics including special projects, and other internal meetings
- Supporting the marketing and sales process for new HCM products, including product and market research, organizing target lists of potential new clients, and sales process management
- Preparing responses to due diligence requests, RFPs, and other potential investor requests
- Maintaining recordkeeping logs of PPMs sent, meetings held, diligence materials provided, and other such records for tracking and compliance purposes
- Managing the process of obtaining, recording, and updating KYC, FATCA, W-9s, andother required documentation from existing and potential new clients as necessary
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of HCM’s value proposition to clients to effectively represent the firm and our strategies to existing and prospective clients
- Keeping current on market and competitor developments
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree and/or CFA are preferred.
- Understanding of the private equity industry, limited partner client service expectations, and the private equity fund marketing process
- Experience working with the private equity consultants and the RFP questionnaire response process
- Ability to effectively prioritize a large set of responsibilities and manage projects from start to finish
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary to clearly and accurately interact with sophisticated institutional investors in an effective, professional, and friendly manner
- 5+ years’ private equity experience including direct client service and marketing support responsibility
- Ability to support and “take ownership” of several projects simultaneously and prioritize between projects through communications with senior team members.
- Ability to take initiative to move a project forward independent of immediate guidance from senior team members.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous requests from existing and potential clients within deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior team members.
- We are in a highly regulated industry. Knowledge of and compliance with detailed compliance policies and procedures and licensing requirements, parameters, and limitations is critical.