Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
John Hancock Retirement Plan Services (RPS) is a division of Manulife Financial. JH RPS offers retirement plan products and services to organizations ranging from start-ups to large corporations within the US. JH RPS is a strategic cornerstone of the wealth management business focused on successful growth through innovation, commitment to the customer and consultation with partners.
Our sales consultants (based out of Boston or Atlanta) work in tandem with our field sales experts in building and servicing strong, mutually beneficial relationships with our financial intermediary partners. You will be responsible for reacting to territory needs in a timely fashion, following up on proposals issued, and qualification of potential advisor prospects. Below are the specific job responsibilities.
- Develop & implement business strategies with the external wholesaler to engineer & execute marketing themes, programs, and sales strategies to maximize the achievement of territory sales goals
- Contact financial advisors to uncover needs, provide solutions, advance the sale, and define next steps in relation to promoting and uncovering new retirement plan sales opportunities
- Bring new financial advisors to the distribution channel
- Follow-up with leads, coordinate pre and post sales deliverables, and manage the frequency & consistency of territory support
- Provide a high level of service, product, and industry awareness to incoming territory calls while proactively leveraging sales avenues
- Respond to financial advisors & departmental needs based on priorities
- Adhere to the highest levels of integrity and professional conduct
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of general sales and or related industry support experience preferred
- Series 7, 63, and Life licenses are required within 6 months of hire
- Passion for sales with a positive mindset
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Superior business acumen related to retirement plan products, the industry and the competitive landscape preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a huge plus
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) as of December 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V