- Communicate with business and IS personnel at all levels, to build effective teamwork and deliver business value to the clients
- Analyze, design, lead development effort and take full technical ownership of the delivered solutions
- Ensure the developed solutions are scalable, maintainable, resilient and fully testable
- Apply technical and business knowledge to identify, analyze and solve production problems.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers to hone their skills and deliver quality, business valuable solutions
- Contribute to geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent IT experience
- 5+ years of experience developing .NET or Java based web applications/services
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of software developers (mentoring and coaching employees)
- Experience in the design/development of Cloud Native applications and the integration of existing solutions to Cloud based platforms using REST/SOAP web services
- Application deployment experience in TOMCAT or IIS or Websphere
- Solid experience working with an Agile methodology (Scrum) and iterative development
- Experience with practices such as test driven development, continuous delivery
- Insurance Domain
- Micro services architecture
- DevOps operating model
- Cloud Platforms
- Relational/NoSQL DBs
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V