- Process inbound calls to effectively meet customer needs within established productivity goals and turnaround times
- Meet established productivity goals as evaluated through daily agent statistics
- Process sensitive financial transactions for members
- Provide quality service to plan member inquiries, telephone and email inquiries
- 100% completion of call history notes with member specific details
- Handle sensitive issues in order to ensure customer satisfaction
- Contribute to work systems improvement of the department by identifying barriers and providing input to solutions
- At times, assist in the manual tracking of “ad hoc” member issues in effort to help isolate and/or resolve issues
- Escalate issues to Management to ensure customer expectations are met when standard procedures are inadequate in meeting specific needs
- Network throughout the organization to engage supporting units in delivering solutions
- Such other duties and functions assigned by the immediate head.
- Computer literate - ability to use the desktop computer system
- Booting and shutting down computer, using mouse and keyboard (keyboarding)
- Knowledge of browsers and relevant computer applications
- Ability to toggle between multiple applications
- Ability to use the phone system
- follows simple instructions on how to log in to the phone system
- basic telephony skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to converse effectively using the English language.
- Strong customer service skills (ability to build rapport, demonstrate empathy and outline key steps in delivering good customer service).
- Ability to clearly understand and act on presented problem statement; to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
- Ability to compose a grammatically correct, clear and concise paragraph/ essay.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of at least 30 words per minute. Exhibits good navigation skills.
- Successful completion of the six weeks New Employee Training Program (NETP).
- Knowledge of the GRS’ products and services.
- Knowledge of the GRS’ Customer Service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of GRS call center telephony and technology.
- Proficiency in relevant system (computer, phone) applications and tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Leverages available tools and resources in researching required participant information.