Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Actuaries evaluate, manage and advise on financial risks based on their knowledge of business and economics, together with their understanding of survival model, probability theory, statistics and investment theory, to provide strategic, commercial and financial advice. The Pricing Manager of the Product Pricing Team is a multi-incumbent position, depending on the needs of the department and reports to the Head of Pricing.
This position is accountable for building and reviewing of pricing models, assessing the product risks and assisting the product implementation.
- Determine appropriate premium/charge/benefit/product features of the products. Assess the financial impact of the products by building and reviewing pricing models. Ensure the profitability of the products meet the corporate requirements. Identify and manage the risks associated with the products.
- Key lead in product development project to ensure successful product launch, implementation and marketing approach. This includes reviewing the marketing materials and provisions, building check tool for UAT, preparing rates for system uploading.
- Work closely with regional office on product approval. This also includes the valuation methodology and assumptions of the products.
- Prepare product filing to Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Providing guidance to junior team members (where applicable) to facilitate knowledge transfer, smooth transition of tasks and enhance the level of performance of the overall team.
- Degree holder with reasonable progress in actuarial professional qualification, preferably successfully attained Associateship
- Preferably 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of actuarial modeling software.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to apply actuarial theories to develop practical solutions to various assignments and projects.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.