- Own the full collection process of delinquent and/or past due payments up to loan/account being brought current and/or written off, on the following products;
- Lines of credit
- Bank accounts
- Mortgages – line of credit and conventional – up to 50 days past due
- Manage and resolve more complex delinquent account in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure payments and adjustments are processed accurately and within company policies
- Manage incoming correspondence received from clients and determine action required or next steps
- Review, investigate and analyze accounts to determine the client’s ability to repay the debt
- Negotiate payment arrangements/solutions within credit policy guidelines and adhering to policies and procedures
- Maintain account records regarding the financial status of the customer and the status of the collections efforts
- Escalate legal or third-party notices where the Bank’s security is at risk, including property tax arrears, tax sales and insurance cancellation notices
- Manage the balance between customer expectation and reputational risk of highly sensitive situations and disgruntled, irate clients
- Ensure client privacy and confidentiality are maintained and that processes align with Bank and Compliance policies and practices
- Review and recommend solutions for escalated client complaints
- Do you have previous collection/recoveries experience (3-5 years)?
- Do you have excellent communication and negotiating (both written and verbal) skills?
- Do you enjoy using your analytical, interpretive, judgement and problem-solving skills?
- Can you adapt quickly and easily to changes with fluctuating work volumes in a fast-paced changing environment?
- Are you able to read/interpret mortgage/loan agreements and legal documents including bankruptcy notices and filing Proof of Claims?
- Are you able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment?
- Able to collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional team
- Fully bilingual in French and English (both written and verbal)
- Strong/advanced competency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Comprehensive understanding of Manulife Bank products and services
- Strong team player with the ability to coach others in a team environment
- Organized and adaptable to change
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communicate with sometimes disgruntled and/or irate customers and/or advisors
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing collection functions in various provinces
- Strong analytical, interpretive and judgment skills and problem-solving capabilities