Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Key Focus: The Internal Wholesaler will proactively market and solicit retail John Hancock mutual funds, ETFs, UCITS, 529 College Saving Plans and PMA sales throughout the broker-dealer community. Working in conjunction with an External Business Consultant and the marketing team, this individual will proactively manage and cultivate a sales territory via professional telephone sales activity. They will provide value added ideas and marketing support to all brokers, agents, and registered representatives in the defined territory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual investment advisors.
- Partner with an External Business Consultant in the field to help develop sales opportunities in their territory.
- Provide superior sales support and service by contacting investment advisors with updates pertaining to the investments they sell, handle inbound calls, prospect for new business, cross sell existing brokers on different products and assist brokers with asset allocation.
- Help investment advisors increase their business by producing hypothetical illustrations, updating them on current marketing materials, and informing them of upcoming conference calls or conferences.
- Participate in roundtable discussions and feedback sessions around effective sales strategies.
- Maintain competitive intelligence by attending meetings, engaging other internal departments to understand John Hancock's internal strategies.
- Form partnerships with other John Hancock product teams to ensure multi-product pitches are consistent and effective.
- Provide leads to other sales desks to help John Hancock increase sales in diversified products.
- Lead projects for department initiatives to fully implement new processes, strategies, and more.
- Act as a mentor to new Inside Wholesalers and assist in development, implementation, and delivery of training classes for the Investments sales desk.
- Act as Fund/Firm/Separate Account/Marketing Liaison. Relay a positive attitude about department initiatives and stand behind decisions of management.
- Series 7 highly preferred. Series 6, Series 63 required. The position will require the Series 7 and Series 65 or Series 66.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-5 years of sales experience preferably within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity.
- Ability to work in a changing fast paced high call volume environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- This position is subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Pay-to-Play Rule 206(4)-5 regarding political contributions by investment advisors and their covered associates.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America’s strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, we search the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V